At the moment, I have a couple of things on my health and fitness agenda:
1. Plan my 2015 race calendarMost important. I want to really try to aim to get a half marathon PR this year, so that means planning my races. Here are some of the thoughts I have on potential races this year.
2. Plan my 2015 trainingTo get a PR, I need a kick ass training program to build up my running and strength over the year, peaking for races, and not burning out. Sounds easy enough! Actually, it doesn't even sound easy. It's something I'm working on. I might refer back to some of these resources to help me make my plan.
3. Develop a mini strength routine (5-8 minutes)I was thinking that a little can go a long way - both in life, and in exercise. On the one hand, a little dark chocolate can totally fulfill your sweet cravings. On the other, doing 5-8 minutes of targeted strength exercises have to be of benefit, right? I want to come up with a mini routine for abs, arms and legs that I can do each night to hopefully help push my muscle strength and toning to the next level.
4. Find new healthy recipesThis one will kind of be ongoing, but I really want to find a few new, healthy recipes that can be part of my regular rotation. I think both you and I are getting a little sick of seeing pictures of tuna rice salad and porridge!
I also thought I'd share some of the good / interesting / positive health and fitness articles I've seen lately. These are articles that I've read and have found at least some aspect to be informative and pertinent to my health and fitness agenda.
- Oatmeal recipes for every day of the week - I will always love porridge! But mixing it up is good too.
- Kettlebell workouts - 12 of the best - I've been trying to find a way to start incorporating kettlebells into my routine
- Easy salad dressing recipes that won't leave you bored - at this time of year I eat heaps more salad, and a new dressing can bring the standard garden salad back to life
- 20 ways to be a fitter healthier runner - definitely some good tips when planning your next training program. My big two are to build in recovery weeks, and use the foam roller!
- The 9 phases of giving up sweets - this made me laugh ... until net Monday when I plan on starting a mini sugar detox. I won't be laughing then!
The one advertisement that I'm dying to see is a 50% off sale on Asics Kayanos. I haven't come across it yet, but let me know if you do! A girl can live in hope, right?
What is on your health and fitness agenda at the moment?