As always, I have not shared with you every bite of food I ate this week - just the highlights.
- Breakfast Poached eggs on a muffin
- Lunch Salad of lettuce, avocado, spring onion, cucumber, pine nuts and a can of salmon
- Dinner Thai chicken curry and rice
I had to go into work for the day, and I knew that if I didn't take my lunch, I would be tempted to buy something. So a salad it was! And I really enjoyed it. My husband made dinner, and it was really good! A bit on the hot side, but we both like it hot :P
- Breakfast Rockmelon and yoghurt with currants and slivered almonds
- Lunch Three sushi rolls - chicken teriyaki, tuna and avocado
- Dinner Lamb kebabs (two) with homemade potato salad and roasted brussel sprouts
A day at home meant that I just ate what was around. It was a pretty warm day, and I just felt like fresh rockmelon after my run. Gareth and his Mum brought me back sushi for lunch, which was great! And brussel sprouts as you know are my favourite, so I was just itching to roast them for dinner.
- Breakfast Homemade bircher muesli of oats and quinoa, with currants, slivered almonds, linseed and chia seeds, mixed spice and no fat chobani.
- Lunch Poached eggs on homemade muffins with ham and spinach, and a large cappucino
- Snack Mint condition vegetable juice from Boost
- Dinner Salmon fillet with homemade potato salad, roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts
We had to head across town in the morning, so I made the bircher muesli to take with me. It's such an easy, healthy meal on the go. We went out to one of my favourite cafes at Chadstone, Jones the Grocer. They had changed their menu since I was last there, but we all enjoyed our meals. I love their homemade muffins. And after a really warm day, baked salmon and asparagus seemed to fit tbe bill.
- Breakfast Homemade porridge of oats and quinoa, with currants, slivered almonds, chia seeds, linseed, mixed spice and milk
- Lunch Three sushi rolls - teriyaki chicken, avocado and tuna
- Dinner Homemade black bean burger on half a bun, with lettuce, beetroot, tomato, onion, cheese, avocado and mayonnaise, with homemade sweet potato fries
I had a bit of time in the morning ... and I still made porridge! We also had leftover blackbean burgers from last week, so it was great to have a quick and easy dinner. Roasting some sweet potato fries was as hard as it got. Score!
- Breakfast Quick porridge of Quaker instant oats with honey, with chia seeds, linseed, currants and milk.
- Lunch Poached eggs on ciabatta bread with avocado smash, feta and roasted tomato. Large skinny cappuccino
- Dinner Corn on the cob, roasted broccoli and tomato, and garlic pepper chicken (grilled)
I had to be quick after my bootcamp, so I pimped a packet of Quaker instant oats to add a bit more oomph. Lunch was out again, and I've realised I wasn't very creative in ordering eggs again. But they hit the spot - especially with the avocado mash. Dinner was lazy and just a few things we had at home all thrown together. It seemed to work!
- Breakfast Porridge of oats and quinoa with currants, slivered almonds, linseed, chia seeds, cinnamon, sliced peach and almond milk.
- Lunch Nando's classic wrap (chicken, tomato, lettuce and mayo), garden salad and balsamic vinaigrette
- Snack Frozen yoghurt - coconut, salted caramel pecan and pistachio with mini M&Ms, white choc chips and coconut
- Dinner Indian takeaway - saffron rice with palak paneer, chicken tika masala, vegetable samosa, half a garlic naan.
Porridge again after my long run, which filled he void until we got to Nandos. I really enjoyed their lunch - their food feels quite simple and real. The frozen yoghurt was a nice treat - which I thought I'd earned with my run in the morning! But not sure if I also had enough brownie points to cover the Indian takeaway too. But I wasn't saying no on the cold mierable night - perfect for Indian.
- Breakfast Baked beans on two slices of wholemeal toast
- Lunch Spicy tuna sushi, two prawn dumplings and a piece of garlic naan
- Snack Mango and bran muffin
- Dinner Homemade beef and pork lasagna, rocket salad with spring onions, tomato and pine nuts, and a piece of garlic bread. Berry crumble with a dollop of double cream
Sunday was a nice day mostly at home, although we ducked out to get groceries and I picked up some sushi while I was out. We had to get groceries because we had no milk for breakfast - hence the unusual baked beans on toast. We had a really great lasagna (thank you!), and a Sunday night treat of dessert.
I liked all my meals, but there were definitely more snacks than I should have had. Going back to work, if the snacks go, I will be well on track to my normal diet again. I enjoyed having a bit of time to make a few things like the lasagna, but I also enjoyed making the most of leftovers like black bean burgers and potato salad.
I am going to try not to eat out much this week, which should also help me control what I eat and the portion size. It might be a bit of a struggle to get back into it again, but it will be worth it.
I hope to have time to make a few dishes, although I've planned for mostly quick dinners again now I'm back at work. Although this week I might have my normal tuna rice salad and porridge, I'm kind of looking forward to it. I know I feel better when I eat the right amount of good healthy food. My body will thank me! I just have to remember that ... Once it gets over the sugar withdrawals :P
What was your favourite food treat of your week?